HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Judges Program

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tirion
Veteran

PostSubject: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:31 am

How do you become an official Judge ? It cannot be that hard when looking at the standard of Judges in SA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dispised
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 am

Well it isn't terribly difficult to become a judge. Atleast for formalities sake. But going on to the KDE website is the first step and your best bet. Uqails rulings are pretty sound, I'm not sure about other judhes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saforum.4umer.net
Tirion
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:51 am

His name is Uqail "the Champ" Abrahams.
You are right He knows his stuff.
In Durban Trevin and Yuhdeer are who I ask for rulings (and if its Lightsworn related I ask Jasche).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
$torm $avage

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 am

U have 2 b 16 or older to become a judge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MutG
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:17 am

16? I'm sure it's older...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yudheer
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:00 am

I trust in UQAIL " THE CHAMP " ABRAHAM'S rulings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MutG
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 am

He was a judge at Nationals. HAHA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yudheer
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 am

PedoBear wrote:
He was THE judge at Nationals. HAHA

Last edited by Yudheer on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirion
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am

Uqual " the Champ" Abrahams may very well be the Mother Flippen King of Games, His hair is ........ and his pants are really tight ...
how does the rest of the song go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:19 pm

That was like the one and only time I've ever worn skinnies!

As to the question at hand..

Julia Hedberg wrote:
Hi everyone,

Well, things have changed up a bit, so I’d like to explain the program as it currently stands, and tell you what to do should you wish to join.

Let’s start by explaining the Judge Program!

Now then – first off, the Judge Program is not the mythical “Judge Test”. There is no Judge Test, there is only the Rulings Comprehension Level 1 Test. Taking (and passing) this test does not make you a judge, it certifies you with a Level 1 knowledge of Rulings Comprehension.

The Judge Program is much more than tests – it is the experience of judging and volunteering for events. It is the standards I’ve set in place for judge gifts, and expected judge behavior. It is sponsorship and travel assist for eligible judges who want to travel to bigger events, in order to develop their skills as judges. It also has myself as KDE Judge Manager, to develop and supervise programs for judges, and provide advice and answers for judges (as far as I’m able).
I’ve even got a keen new email address for you to use for judging-related questions, check it out! It is us-judgesupport@konami.com – please use this email address if you want to talk about judging, and it will go straight to me. 

As the program continues to develop, it will encompass several levels of testing, along with instructional materials to guide judges through their duties. It will include online resources and new and exciting rewards for hard-working, dedicated judges.

Judges in North and Latin America may consider themselves under my umbrella – I’m responsible for maintaining judge contact information, and keeping the judges up to date on what is going on. I am your primary resource, although I hope to have extra sources of information for Latin American judges, to provide you with more local support.

Judges in Europe and Oceania – you will have an additional layer of support, from KDE Europe. While I will still be developing the tests and overall Judge Program of which you are part, the local OP office in Europe will assist you with your more immediate concerns, such as staffing at events. Judges in these territories can use this email: yugioh@konami-europe.net, to access the OP team in Europe.
I will be providing the European office with copies of all of the judge lists I maintain for these territories.

I’m very pleased with the interest so many of you have taken in KDE’s Judge Program, and I think we have come a very long way in these short months. I hope you’ll continue to bear with me, because I’ve got more and better things in mind in the coming years.

This brings us to...

How To Join The Judge Program

You certainly don’t need to do these steps in the following order, I just think it’s a sensible way to go about it. Mix it up by all means, if that works best for you.

1) Think About Why You Want To Join
What interests you about the Judge Program? Maybe you don’t always want to play and would like a way to stay involved in the game, perhaps you want to boost the OP in your area, possibly you’re dreaming of “free” booster packs.
Or maybe you just want to get emails from me. I don't know.
Whatever the reason, it’s a good idea to figure out what motivates you to join.

2) Please Study the Rulebook
I know you think you know how the game works, but I bet there are a few things on which you are not exactly solid. Get a rulebook, read it, study it. You really need to know this stuff. Go on, indulge me. Study the rulebook.

3) Find Some Places Where You Can Judge
Taking the test isn’t going to make you a judge, only judging is going to make you a judge. Are there stores or Tournament Organizers in your area? Get in touch with them and express your interest in judging . Sure, I’ll be sending you emails about upcoming SJCs, Mall Tours, and so forth but you should be doing some judging while you wait for those to arrive!

4) Take the RC – 1 Test
You don’t have to take this test in order to be an “official” judge, however, you will probably feel more confident and proud of yourself if you do. Unless you just grab an answer key off the internet someplace and cheat, then I am not quite sure how you will feel. The test won’t have done you any good, though.
Some things to note before you take the test:
Please read the entire Test Page. Yes, even the stuff underneath the link to the test,that is important stuff. Reading all of it will prevent you from emailing me to ask me questions that I have already answered – on the Test Page.
If you do not have a COSSY ID, you can get one at a Tournament Store. Read the test page carefully for advice on how to proceed. Please do not email me to ask, because all I will do is copy/paste what it says on the Test Page, and I will frown as I do it.
If you do not have access to a store, I cannot send you a COSSY number by mail/email. If you are in Europe or Oceania, I especially can’t help you because I work for a different company. Try yugioh@konami-europe.net and see what they can do to help you out.
Oh, and the COSSY ID field in the test? That’s your COSSY number, dearies. Not your username. It is also not your UDE number, which is no use to you here.
Taking the test over and over to try and get a better passing score than 80 won’t get you anywhere. I’ll still only give you the 80. I’m thrilled that some of you love the test so much that you cannot stop taking it, but my life will be a lot easier if you’ll taper off.
I cannot troubleshoot or “fix” the test for you. If it’s not working for you, try again later, perhaps with a different computer or browser. I do too many jobs as it is, I am not going to join the online development team too.
You can access the test by clicking this link which I’ve thoughtfully provided for you - http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/judges/index.html

5) Wait Cheerfully For Your Confirmation Email
As I said on the test page, you aren’t going to get an immediate response to your test when you pass. You will have to wait. How long will you have to wait? Well, it says “within a few weeks” on the Test Page, so let’s go with that.
I’m pretty good about getting the data up to date and everyone emailed within a week or so, but I’m giving myself that cushion in case I get overwhelmingly busy with something else.
Nothing miraculous will happen to you on the day you get your confirmation email, so don’t get too uptight about waiting for it. Incidentally, I do send these emails out in bulk, so make sure your spam filter isn’t blocking us-judgesupport@konami.com.
PS – A lot of you make spelling and other errors in your email addresses when you enter them to take the test. I use the email addresses as you type them, so please make sure you include .com & etc., and have everything spelled correctly.
I will occasionally look up test results for people, but not on demand. You’ll have to wait until I have time.

6) Respond With The Requested Information
When you get your confirmation email, it will have a list of information to send me. I will not include you on the judge roster, even if you passed the test, unless you get back to me with this info. Remember, this is a Rulings Comprehension test, not a Judge test.
If you do not have access to a COSSY ID and still want to be placed on the Judge Roster, email me at us-judgesupport@konami.com.
Yes, you can still play if you join the Judge Program.
No, you will not be automatically registered as a judge at events without your knowledge if you join the Judge Program. That would be silly

7) Activate Yourself In the Program
OK! You’ve joined! I’m delighted to welcome you to the ranks of those that judge – now get out there and make me proud.

You will hear from me about SJCs and the like, but for Regional and local level judging, it’s all on you. Get in touch with your local stores and TOs, and let them know you are interested (hey, that’s Step 3!) Quite often, stores and TO’s will contact me looking for judges, and if you’ve sent in accurate contact information I can pass their requests along to you.

Please network with your fellow judges, in person and online, to get more insight into the craft of judging. I will be in touch with you to tell you about resources that are available to help you out, make use of them! I hope to see a lot of OP in all areas, and want judges to feel prepared – in order to do so, however, you’ll need to take an active role. The more you put into being a judge, the more you will get out of it.

All right, I think that about sums it up…I’ve probably forgotten a few things so please feel free to ask me questions here in the thread if you would like. I’m pleased to note there are nearly 1300 entries in the RC-1 Certified Judge Roster, and I expect this number to continue to grow.

Julia Hedberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pharaoh-Yami

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 pm

LmAO Shocked It used to be a simple test...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judges Program   

Back to top Go down

Judges Program
Page 1 of 1