HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drive09

PostSubject: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi I am hoping for someone to clear this up for me.

I have regularly Synchro- summoned Stardust, it is banished and I return it to the field with return from the different dimension.

Now if I use stardust effect and negate a card's effect and destroy it (dark hole in this case) I get to summon it during the end phase.

Does it still get sent out of play at the end? Since I special summoned it again I don't think it should but i am not sure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Here's how it works:

If your Stardust was Synchro Summoned initially, and you special summoned Stardust Dragon from the banished zone with Return from the Different Dimension, you still get to activate your effect. If you activate that effect, Stardust Dragon is no longer on the field, so it "resets". It will no longer be under the effect of RftDD. Therefore, Stardust will NOT be removed from play.

Think of it like this:

If you Call of the Haunted Stardust Dragon from the GY, and use his effect to negate Dark Hole, when he returns, would he be destroyed if someone MSTs your CotH? The simple answer is no, because at that stage he is on the field because of his OWN effect, and not because of Call of the Haunted. The same goes for RftDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 pm

I totally agree with you SBV, that was my argument with exactly the same example as moments before I had in fact used Call of the Haunted on Stardust and used its effect, thus destroying Call of the Haunted and bringing back Stardust Dragon by its own effect.

But you know how it goes at one point you agree to disagree so the game can go on Razz

Are you back from Nam? I can try organize for tomorrow if you are keen , let me know what time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

lol I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6 AM, should be in CT at about 1 PM. Let's see how many people we can get... Me and my gf can come for sure...

Oh and it's not about agreeing with me or not, Drive - that is just what the rules state. Stardust Dragon is not removed from play - period. Opinion doesn't matter Razz

Also Call of the Haunted isn't destroyed when you tribute Stardust Dragon - it just stays on the field Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm

I meant I agree with what you were saying I.E. the explanation of the application of the rule; your train of thought (and subsequent example) was the same as mine. I didn't say anything about opinion.. Very Happy

I destroyed Call of the Haunted as it is destroyed when the monster is destroyed. I would think that Stardust's effect destroys him and sends him to the graveyard, destroying Call of the Haunted (as Stardust is in the graveyard) and then stardust is special summoned from the graveyard because of its effect.

I see that I was wrong since the wording of the card says "destroyed" and you would not say Stardust is destroyed when you tribute it for its effect, correct?

Let's make it for 2.30. Keep me posted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah ok I understand...

Yea Tributing is not destroying - you're correct

Ok. 2.30pm . How many people do you think will come?

Can't we do something like, make it Yu-Gi-Oh! night? or make a Yu-Gi-Oh! night on Saturday. Make it like a whole gathering... Make the owner of the Battle Bunker announce it to his player base as a Yu-Gi-Oh! night...

Obviously what I'm asking all depends on how "into it" the owner is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 pm

The reason I ask is because I heard there was going to be a "Yu-Gi-Oh! night" on like, Saturday. But it was cancelled for whatever reason... Don't know if you heard... So, I'm asking because I think there are quite a few people that I believe would attend if a YGO night is called ^^. Obviously, Magic would also be played, but calling it YGO night would just attract some more peeps. Especially some of the MTG players who are bored of MTG Razz

Since I've never been at the Bunker before (but I think I know the owner - is his name Christian??), I wouldn't know how possible that would be, but a YGO night could be quite awesome if we assemble like, 8 - 10 players. We could have like a mock tourney or whatever... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Well there were 6 of us yesterday and no Magic was played Razz... The 3 guys whom I met last time normally come for MTG but they all brought their YGO cards.

I did not hear about the YGO night, we can certainly make one; I am just not sure about the player base; as so far it seems to be just us. Where/when did you hear about it?

The owner is not really into playing YGO but he is chilled with having us there, I think it's the most people that he has coming in except during Warhammer nights. So he is quite happy to see movement.

My two mates and i will be there tomorrow, plus a possible other 3 that were playing yesterday and whom seemed interested; I smsed them and am awaiting their reply. So that would be 6.

Worse case (other 3 all can't make it) it's you and your gf plus 3 of us. Best case it's 8 of us.
You know where it is? By Leonardo Park..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Another idea would be to get people from OC interested? As it is now by the Sunningdale sports complex which is quite close. i know they have MTG tourneys , but from what I have seen until now every single MTG player freaks out and brings their YGO cards as soon as they see other people play. One guy bought his cards back from a friend of his who was also not using them and THEN told him we trying to bring YGO back Smile... So we can work it out tomorrow as well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Yea, I do...

Next to that Pool Bar...

Well, apparently there were quite a few people interested when the YGO night was called on Saturday. Some of the people who usually play Magic were talking about it and were interested. I say this because my brother used to go to that Battle Bunker for MTG, and one of his friends msg'd him on facebook telling him that there's going to be a YGO night and they my brother should come. Obviously, my brother told me, and I was about getting ready to go. Then I heard it was cancelled for some reason. I think the owner was probably not up for being there late or something. But by the sound of it we would have had the usual YGO players + those who were interested.

Do you remember the names of the people who played YGO with you guys (i.e. "the other 3" - lol) ?

My brother's friend's name is Sheldon, perhaps he was one of the 3... If he wasn't, then that means that the player base could become larger than we currently expect...

Also, I'll try see if I can get my brother to come. I have enough cards to make him a decent deck, so that'd be +1...

Additional Comment:

Just saw your newest post. Yes, we could definitely try getting OC people involved. We would have to ask management there what they require from us in order to be able to play Yu-Gi-Oh! there.

It would be better to chat about this face-to-face... YGO's the best game ever and needs to be brought back. And WE CAN DO IT.. somehow... ^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey, we could also 'car pool' every weekend to go to Stadium on Maine for Saturday tourneys. Don't know if you've been there but there's a tourney with boosters as prizes for the winners. It's also quite decent since there are quite a few players there and most of them are quite good at the game. Not to mention - a variety of decks...

I go there every weekend I can, so people could catch lifts with me, and if anyone else drives, we could take turns etc... It's like, the day I look forward to every week ^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 pm

I like your attitude, I am more than willing to make it happen!!!

Yes it is Sheldon! Smile Met him recently, nice bloke and he is one of the 3 . Actually he is the guy who bought his cards back as well Razz.. Although don't know which night he is referring to because he only found out we play YGO there last week. I did mention to him I want to try make a YGO day/night so he probably meant that. Just smsed him to see if he would come.

I know that previously the Battle Bunker was not working too well, I myself went there 3 times (opening times were 10-4 Sad ) and found it closed. Friends of mine from Kenilworth then told me it was under new management and it now seems to be open till 10 and later sometimes so it should not be a problem to organize an evening if we get enough people interested.

Sure thing about Saturday, we used to do it as often as we could and we can take turns to drive. Also maybe look into bringing the competitive aspect this side as well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Yea, but to bring the competitive aspect here, we would have to get more people interested.

What is your name, Drive? Have you been to Stadium on Maine recently? Maybe I've met you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Awesome thread with awesome info!

Btw, the Call of the Haunted thing doesn't work. Explain later.

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Are you being sarcastic Uqail?? -_-

And what do you mean about the Call of the Haunted thing not working? The only thing I can imagine that you might be talking about is if you misunderstand and think that Drive said that he negated Call of the Haunted's secondary effect that destroys the monster it SS'd. Stardust obviously can't tribute himself to negate CotH's destruction effect...

...unless, you're talking about something else... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm

SBV wrote:
Are you being sarcastic Uqail?? -_-

And what do you mean about the Call of the Haunted thing not working? The only thing I can imagine that you might be talking about is if you misunderstand and think that Drive said that he negated Call of the Haunted's secondary effect that destroys the monster it SS'd. Stardust obviously can't tribute himself to negate CotH's destruction effect...

...unless, you're talking about something else... lol
No I'm not. I didn't know that there were loads of other people who played yugioh. The battle bunker once spoke about having events but they never got back to me. It'd be great if everyone could play together.

Yes my sister was hankering to use the pc and that's exactly what I read. Sorry.

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Ah I guessed that because it's a question I'm sure many people have asked. I figured it might be your instinct to pick up on that since you're a judge, rofl...

by the way, tell your sister to buzz off Razz let the MEN use the pc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Ya sorry Dragonite, we got a bit off topic there but thanks for bringing us back to the thread's main object Razz

Yup I told you guys when I joined there is a few of us, and we trying to all meet in one place Smile.

Would be nice to meet face to face if we ever manage it.. If this battle Bunker thing takes off you should pull through!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quad

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 am

Didn't even know the bunker held anything YGO related. For the record, Stellenbosch has a bunch of YGO players on this side of the world as well.

Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Ya quad I saw I few at the student center on Saturday mornings I think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quad

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Drive09 wrote:
Ya quad I saw I few at the student center on Saturday mornings I think?
aweh

also, I good friend of mine (just regged on the forums) lives like a 5 minute walk away from the battle bunker and he didn't even know you guys jam YGO there.

There's a bunch of people playing this game all over, just due to the logistics of it all organizing a central location for everyone to play in isn't really feasible. Would be nice, but it's more of a pie in the sky than anything else. Still cool to see though.

Drive09

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't think it's a pie in the sky.. Ya maybe getting EVERYONE registered here together would be, or people from Stellies with people from southern suburbs...

I think finding center points to gather players from surrounding areas is more than doable.

Your friend for example, he lives 5 minutes away from Battle Bunker in Parklands?

If you could put me in touch with him I will gladly let him know when we are planning to meet next. We are sure to find one day where everyone can jam.

Between SBV's and my contacts we should have around 10. Which is more than enough for starters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

I didn't know they had done anything either and they phoned me..

How many of you guys are out there? I know SBV drives out to play in Claremont every week but I hardly see a bunch of peeps doing that. If you guys had your own space to play and then we could get together everyone now and then it'd be cool. My worry is, no-one knows you're there so you missing out on premier events. BFE is very bad at advertising tbh and unless people get it from me they don't know about. There's supposed to be a sneak preview for GAOV next weekend but I don't have any details but likely it'll be at Toy Zone which puts us in Sable Square area.

If there could be a hub in the southern suburbs, one in the northern and one in Stellies it'd be cool. We could maybe have a monthly central event and people could go wherever they like.

We should keep a log of league members and details so people can stay abreast of things. I'm gonna start one in the local CT group, if anyone wants to forward to random guy on the interwebz they can, but I'll see about being here more.

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension   

Back to top Go down

Stardust Dragon Return and from the Different Dimension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1